Carrier Cost Analyst - Technology
At Fibernetics, our purpose is to deliver happiness and connections every day by being awesome. This is the company’s calling and if you believe this to be your calling too, we want to hear from you!
We are inviting an awesome Carrier Cost Analyst to join our Technology Team to contribute on delivering happiness and connections every day. The unique tasks that you will take pride in accomplishing are listed below.
ways you contribute
Under the supervision of the VP of Wholesale, the duties and responsibilities of the Carrier Cost Analyst include:
• You will have a full understanding of Fibernetics’ network.
• You will review existing outsourced carrier services.
• You will have the ability to make recommendations on how to optimize costs, while maintaining Fibernetics’ world class network.
• You will review existing and new relationships to enhance the Fibernetics network, while balancing the overall cost.
• You will have expert knowledge of:
– VoIP, 911 Services, IP Transit
– Toll Free/Origination/Termination/International
– B&K/FDG/Long-distance/Local Transit/PRI Trunks/SIP Channels/Fixed vs Per Minute
– LCR Routing
• You will manage a database of circuits that make up the entire network:
– Knowledge of terms/commitment on all outsourced Contracts
– Pricing Analysis
– Location of Services
– What component of the company requires the services
– Review cancelled services, and ensure no longer on the invoice.
• You will perform a Financial Analysis of monthly COGS and you will breakout costs to appropriate departments.
• You will drive process improvement, implement multi-modal solutions, ensure regulatory compliance, develop action plans, and provide carrier problem resolution.
• You will drive opening/negotiating/closing disputes with underlying carriers.
• You will request and summarize quotes from multiple carriers.
• You will perform capacity planning, forecasting, and project management for Data and Voice Carrier Services.
• You will have an understanding of CDR’s and the ability to create/manage/analyze complex SQL Queries.
• Regulatory Affairs:
-Understanding of CRTC Rulings and the potential impact to Fibernetics’ bottom line.
-Gather information and prepare various reports for several telecom Administrative bodies.
-Processing: ASR, forecasts, facility ordering, trunk reviews.
what makes you awesome
• You have 2+ years of telecommunications experience in a carrier costing position.
• You are an expert user of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
• You have the understanding and ability to create SQL Queries.
• You are able to manipulate large amounts of data using Excel and Access.
• You have a complete understanding of P&L, and the ability to review and analyze financial statements.
• You have well-developed interpersonal skills.
• You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• You have the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
• You have an entrepreneurial spirit and the courage to challenge ideas (yours and others).
• You have the desire to work in a high growth environment and you have a passion for the telecom industry.
• You have the proven ability to be an effective auditor and deal maker.
• You thrive in a positive workplace environment.
what makes us awesome
• Located in a scenic area ideal for nature walks during your break and catching a glimpse of wildlife.
• Attractive benefit plan.
• Three weeks of vacation to start.
• Paid day off for your birthday.
• Two paid days off a year to use for volunteering with a charitable organization.
• Dog friendly office.
• Flexible hours for most positions.
• Full kitchen with free coffee and tea.
• Fully-equipped on-site gym open to employees 24/7.
• Showers on-site.
• Lounge with foosball tables.
• Social Committee with regular company lunches & events.
• LAN Parties.
• Free parking.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you can contribute, what makes you awesome and why you want to be in. We look forward to hearing from you!