Data Centre Technician
We are one of Canada’s fastest growing telecommunications companies and one of Waterloo Region’s emerging start-up success stories! Our rapid success has been leveraged by a marriage of established legacy systems with emerging internet protocol based technologies. This success has translated into growth and many new career opportunities and therefore we are looking for talented people to join our team!
We offer a high energy, professional yet casual work environment with the opportunity to make a difference every day. It’s an environment where everyone’s contribution is valued and rewarded. We take pride in our ability to have fun and celebrate our successes together. In return, we are looking for people who are creative and passionate about their work. Successful employees have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for technology. If we are describing you, then consider becoming a part of the Fibernetics team!
At Fibernetics, our purpose is to deliver happiness and connections every day by being awesome. This is the company’s calling and if you believe this to be your calling too, we want to hear from you!
We are inviting an awesome Data Centre Technician to join our Technology team to contribute to delivering happiness and connections every day by being awesome. The unique tasks that you will take pride in accomplishing are listed below.
ways you contribute
• You will help us to improve our operations within our data centres.
• You will help us to reduce costs through efficiency and innovation.
• You will work on projects and operational change requests.
• You will occasionally work overnight to perform on-site DC/CO work.
• You will participate in process improvement initiatives.
• You will document both existing and new solutions.
• You will audit equipment, wiring, logical connectivity, etc.
essential knowledge and skills
• You have Ethernet and fiber cabling experience according to standards and best practices.
• You have experience with HVAC, UPS, power distribution, generators.
• You are detail oriented take significant pride in your work.
• You have demonstrated the ability to manage inventories and keep documentation up to date.
• You can prioritize a vast list of simultaneous tasks and projects, day to day.
• You can research and think through hypothetical scenarios while considering the pros and cons.
• You are highly adaptable and have a mixed skilled set.
• You are a clear and effective communicator.
• You are comfortable with vendor interaction and handling tickets, etc..
• You are used to constant change, limited resources, and great expectations.
skills considered to be an asset
• Experience with network technologies; routers, switches and other telecom equipment
• Experience with server technologies
What makes us awesome
• Located in a scenic area ideal for nature walks during your break and catching a glimpse of wildlife
• Attractive benefit plan
• Three weeks of vacation to start
• Paid day off for your birthday
• Two paid days off a year to use for volunteering with a charitable organization
• Dog friendly office
• Flexible hours for most positions
• Full kitchen with free coffee and tea
• Fully-equipped on-site gym open to employees 24/7
• Showers on-site
• Lounge with foosball tables
• Social Committee with regular company lunches & events
• LAN Parties
• Free parking
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you can contribute, what makes you awesome and why you want to be in. We look forward to hearing from you!