We are one of Canada’s fastest growing telecommunications companies and one of Waterloo Region’s emerging start-up success stories! Our rapid success has been leveraged by a marriage of established legacy systems with emerging internet protocol based technologies. This success has translated into growth and many new career opportunities and therefore we are looking for talented people to join our team!
We offer a high energy, professional yet casual work environment with the opportunity to make a difference every day. It’s an environment where everyone’s contribution is valued and rewarded. We take pride in our ability to have fun and celebrate our successes together. In return, we are looking for people who are creative and passionate about their work. Successful employees have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for technology. If we are describing you, then consider becoming a part of the Fibernetics team!
At Fibernetics, our purpose is to deliver happiness and connections every day by being awesome. This is the company’s calling and if you believe this to be your calling too, we want to hear from you!
We are inviting an awesome Installation Specialist to join our NEWT Business Services team to contribute to delivering happiness and connections every day. The unique tasks that you will take pride in accomplishing are listed below.
ways you contribute
• You will perform installation and training at customer premises within South-Western Ontario for Fibernetics, and its resellers.
• You will take pride in assembling all neccessary components for installation (PBX, cables, phone, power supply).
• You will configure Fibernetics supplied IP PBX equipment.
• You will deliver equipment to customer’s site at time of scheduled installation.
• You will configure client’s equipment to connect to the Internet via modem/DSL Router or other.
• You will configure software to connect to Internet application server.
• You will install all equipment and perform test and turn-up with remote support.
• You will quickly identify and correct or advise on operational issues in client computer systems.
• You will provide customer support and technical issue resolution.
• You will are willing and able to be called for dispatch for support calls from time to time.
• You will are flexible to work outside of normal business hours from time to time.
• You will identify and quote opportunities for upsell of cable infrastructure where appropriate.
• You will perform scheduled bi-weekly after hours maintenance in Fibernetics network facilities.
• You will provide remote hands services for other Fibernetics teams for remote sites.
• You will assist with equipment installation/maintenance/removal in Fibernetics network facilities.
• You will participate in an emergency on call rotation that may require emergency dispatch to a Fibernetics facility outside of normal business hours.
• When not scheduled in the field, you may be called upon to assist the inside support team with technical tickets, call handling and miscellaneous testing, configuration tasks.
what makes you awesome
• You are passionate about customer service and exceeding customer expectations.
• You have the ability to answer support inquiries with excellent communication skills.
• You learn technology quickly and can easily adapt to change.
• You have knowledge of business telephone systems usage and configuration.
• You have past experience with hardware, software, and installation issues including switches, routers, DSL, and modems.
• You are proficient in email clients, FTP clients and web browsers.
• You have knowledge in MacOS, Windows and Linux.
• You have a strong knowledge of structured cabling installation and design.
• You have experience using MS Office.
• You are a self-starter and are a self-motivated individual.
• You can work independently and manage multiple deadlines.
• You have excellent time management skills.
• You pride yourself in professionalism when handling customer issues.
• You build relationships easily with your proven interpersonal relationship and communication skills.
• You have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• You are comfortable presenting to groups and can easily explain concepts and features to end users for phone system products.
• You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in cabling, network, and support.
• You have a clean driving record.
what makes us awesome
• Located in a scenic area ideal for nature walks during your break and catching a glimpse of wildlife.
• Attractive benefit plan.
• Three weeks of vacation to start.
• Paid day off for your birthday.
• Two paid days off a year to use for volunteering with a charitable organization.
• Dog friendly office.
• Flexible hours for most positions.
• Full kitchen with free coffee and tea.
• Fully-equipped on-site gym open to employees 24/7.
• Showers on-site.
• Lounge with foosball tables.
• Social Committee with regular company lunches & events.
• LAN Parties.
• Free parking.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you can contribute, what makes you awesome and why you want to be in. We look forward to hearing from you!