Junior Business Systems Analyst and Admin
We are one of Canada’s fastest growing telecommunications companies and one of Waterloo Region’s emerging start-up success stories! Our rapid success has been leveraged by a marriage of established legacy systems with emerging internet protocol based technologies. This success has translated into growth and many new career opportunities and therefore we are looking for talented people to join our team!
We offer a high energy, professional yet casual work environment with the opportunity to make a difference every day. It’s an environment where everyone’s contribution is valued and rewarded. We take pride in our ability to have fun and celebrate our successes together. In return, we are looking for people who are creative and passionate about their work. Successful employees have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for technology. If we are describing you, then consider becoming a part of the Fibernetics team!
At Fibernetics, our purpose is to deliver happiness and connections every day by being awesome. This is the company’s calling and if you believe this to be your calling too, we want to hear from you!
We are inviting an awesome Junior Business Systems Analyst and Admin to join our Operations team to contribute to delivering happiness and connections every day. The unique tasks that you will take pride in accomplishing are listed below.
ways you contribute
- You will be responsible for system administration for our operations systems including Freeside, Best Practical RT, Bell ePortal, PortaOne, VTiger, and other internal tools and systems as required.
- You will perform high-level troubleshooting and problem identification regarding system issues.
- You will triage end user issues and troubleshoot to resolve or escalate quickly.
- You will act as a liaison with internal teams regarding issues and incidents.
- You will act as the Subject Matter Expert for our internal systems when it comes to projects.
- You will participate in meetings and internal status and project updates
- You will prepare test plans and perform testing for system changes.
- You will perform data analysis and manage the Call Centre AVD/IVR tools.
- You will contribute ideas to enhance operation processes and efficiencies to improve the customer experience for all of Fibernetics’ brands.
- You will effectively interact with all levels of employees within Fibernetics.
- You will perform other duties and projects as assigned.
what makes you awesome
- You have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal Stakeholders.
- You have detailed and meticulous troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
- You have the ability to juggle a large number of projects and requests, and prioritize based on needs and impact.
- You are able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- You can juggle completion of repetitive small tasks while working through larger projects
- You are professional with excellent interpersonal, relationship, and communications skills throughout all organizational levels.
- You have experience presenting plans and results to colleagues.
- You have the ability to learn new technology concepts and systems quickly.
- You have advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, demonstrable through analysis and forecasting.
- You have the ability to write clear and professional reports, processes, and procedures.
- You are familiar with wiki-text, HTML, and CSS.
- You thrive in a positive workplace environment.
skills considered to be an asset
- You have background in ITIL Foundations.
- You have post-secondary education in Telecommunications, Technology, or Project Management.
- You are familiar with Telephony, VoIP, and Internet and Data communications concepts.
- You have experience in residential and business delivery and support processes within an ISP or Telecom organization.
- You have experience with project management tools and methodologies.
- You have experience in any of the following: Freeside, Best Practical RT, Redmine, SQL, VTiger, SmartRG, PrimeHome TR-069 ACS platform, PortaOne, Bell ePortal Admin, Code/XML editors, Webservices, Perl, Java Script, Call Centre ACD/IVR Management.
- Bilingualism in English and French
what makes us awesome
- Located in a scenic area ideal for nature walks during your break and catching a glimpse of wildlife.
- Attractive benefit plan.
- Three weeks of vacation to start.
- Paid day off for your birthday.
- Two paid days off a year to use for volunteering with a charitable organization.
- Dog friendly office.
- Flexible hours for most positions.
- Full kitchen with free coffee and tea.
- Fully-equipped on-site gym open to employees 24/7.
- Showers on-site.
- Lounge with foosball tables.
- Social Committee with regular company lunches & events.
- LAN Parties.
- Free parking.
Write to email@example.com to let us know how you can contribute, what makes you awesome and why you want to be in. We look forward to hearing from you!