Junior IT Support Technician - Technology
At Fibernetics, our purpose is to deliver happiness and connections every day by being awesome. This is the company’s calling and if you believe this to be your calling too, we want to hear from you!
We are inviting an awesome Junior IT Support Technician to join our Technology team to contribute to delivering happiness and connections every day. The unique tasks that you will take pride in accomplishing are listed below.
ways you contribute
• You will provide 1st level support by responding to staff inquiries via phone calls, emails, and tickets.
• You will install, configure, and upgrade operating systems and software, using “Best Practices” standards.
• You will troubleshoot and solve hardware and software problems.
• You will organize your own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
• You will clearly communicate to all levels of technology users and leadership.
• You will work independently and take initiative while following instructions with minimal supervision.
• You will set your own priorities while maintaining flexibility.
• You will provide on-call after-hours support when needed.
what makes you awesome
• You have 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
• You have completed post-secondary education in Computer Systems Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
• You have have expertise in Windows, Microsoft Office 365, and Microsoft Active Directory.
• You have experience with computer hardware, software, and peripherals such as laptops, desktops, servers, monitors, cables, network systems, and printers.
• You have the ability to explain technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users.
• You have experience working with ticketing systems such as SpiceWorks.
• You are a creative problem solver.
• You have a keen attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
• You have excellent communications skills.
what makes us awesome
• Located in a scenic area ideal for nature walks during your break and catching a glimpse of wildlife.
• Attractive benefit plan.
• Three weeks of vacation to start.
• Paid day off for your birthday.
• Two paid days off a year to use for volunteering with a charitable organization.
• Dog friendly office.
• Flexible hours for most positions.
• Full kitchen with free coffee and tea.
• Fully-equipped on-site gym open to employees 24/7.
• Showers on-site.
• Lounge with foosball tables.
• Social Committee with regular company lunches & events.
• LAN Parties.
• Free parking.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you can contribute, what makes you awesome and why you want to be in. We look forward to hearing from you!