Senior Network Programmer - Technology
At Fibernetics, our purpose is to deliver happiness and connections every day by being awesome. We are inviting an awesome Senior Network Programmer to join our Technology team to contribute to delivering happiness and connections every day. The unique tasks that you will take pride in accomplishing are listed below.
We are excited to announce that our awesome Technology Department here at Fibernetics is looking for a highly-motivated individual to join Our team to make Us more awesome! You have the opportunity to help Our Team deliver innovative solutions and be part of a Department where everyone is IN! We are all passionate about our jobs and we expect no less from you. If you love technology and would like to be part of our team, then read on and apply today!
ways you contribute
• You will collaboratively work alongside others to deliver value back to the organization.
• You will deliver full stack solutions.
• You will work on projects and change requests driven by efficiency needs, cost reduction, and innovation.
• You will participate in supporting the applications and components that our team is accountable for in a team rotation support structure.
• You will participate in product development initiatives.
• You will have the opportunity to learn and be exposed to the state of the art Telecommunications and ISP specific technologies.
• Depending on the size of the initiative, you will participate and potentially drive some/most/every phase of the SDLC regardless of methodology.
• You will document solution specifications.
what makes you awesome
• You must be passionate about system and software architecture, networking, programming, and technology in general.
• You enjoy and are good at object oriented programming and design.
• You have had exposure to network driven development i.e. packet processing.
• You thrive in a laid back and relaxed (and yet somehow professional) environment.
• You have designed and implemented multi tiered solutions in an enterprise environment.
• You do not back down from a challenge.
• You can admit when you are wrong…and move on.
• You have high respect for your colleagues and everyone in general.
• You understand and are able to demonstrate your ability to deliver innovative solutions.
• You have the ability to improvise your way out of stressful situations.
• You understand how to drive value back to the organization.
• You have had exposure to full stack development.
• You have the capability to adapt using alternative programming languages.
must have skills
• Network programming, socket programming (intermediate)
• In-depth knowledge of networking (routing/switching)
• Linux Administration (intermediate)
• PHP/Phython (advanced)
• Version control (git)
• SQL (MySQL) (intermediate)
• Application Frameworks
• SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
• Apache/NGINX (intermediate)
nice to have skills
• Design Patterns
• CISCO Network equipment
• Docker or other deployment tools
• Understanding of VoIP
• Go language
• Data Analytics
• SQL (PostgreSQL, MSSQL).
what makes us awesome
• Located in a scenic area ideal for nature walks during your break and catching a glimpse of wildlife.
• Attractive benefit plan.
• Three weeks of vacation to start.
• Paid day off for your birthday.
• Two paid days off a year to use for volunteering with a charitable organization.
• Dog friendly office.
• Flexible hours for most positions.
• Full kitchen with free coffee and tea.
• Fully-equipped on-site gym open to employees 24/7.
• Showers on-site.
• Lounge with foosball tables.
• Social Committee with regular company lunches & events.
• LAN Parties.
• Free parking.
Write to email@example.com to let us know how you can contribute, what makes you awesome and why you want to be in. We look forward to hearing from you!