Fibernetics prides itself on being a disruptive force in the Telecommunications industry and its this drive that fuels our innovation to deliver high tech, cost effective products and solutions to both residential and business customers.
We at Fibernetics believe in investing in our employees and are looking for individuals that can thrive in our environment and individuals that can turn technology problems and challenges into opportunities to grow!
We are inviting an awesome Product and Development Support Specialist member to join our NEWT Technology team to contribute to delivering happiness and connections every day.
The Product and Development Support Specialist team is the team that buffers and glues the gaps between support, development and innovation. Product and Development Support Specialist members have three top priorities:
- participate in Day 0 and Day 1 activities which are designed to support the onboarding of new business.
- provide expert swarm style support to our Day 2 agents on our NEWT platform
- participate in the development of our NEWT platform at a technology evaluation, feature testing and knowledge training capacity
Our NEWT platform delivers state of the art voice and data services to thousands of business customers. As a member of the Product and Development Support Specialist team, you are expected to comfortably live in a fast-paced environment where your expert skillsets around data networking, voice networking, and Linux server knowledge will be your lifeline to be successful. You will leverage the skillsets you have to empower others through collaborative engagements with Day 2 resources, the business and with customers directly.
Ways you Contribute
- Provide a positive support experience to our Support Team and Business customers.
- Collaborate with the Support Team and other resources to solve end user issues.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge base and assist with knowledge transfer to the Support Team.
- Proactively provide valuable input that will help improve processes, training material, and tools.
- Adopt to our fast paced, ever changing support environment.
What Makes you Awesome
- Ability to provide superior customer support while providing appropriate solutions within reasonable time frames.
- You can remotely guide customers through the troubleshooting of their local network
- You have demonstrated abilities to work in a team environment.
- Ability to collaborate affectively with others in a technical and non-technical context.
- You have a strong work ethic and can make decisions in a high stress situation
- You are detail oriented and can dive deep into solutioning
- You can multi-task when necessary to resolve priority issues
- You can follow communications procedures, guidelines and policies
- You are a fast learner and eager to get started
- You have outstanding comprehension and communication skills (written and oral).
- You take pride in helping customers and colleagues.
Must have Skills
- 3+ years of experience with Linux CLI administration and Linux networking.
- Natural aptitude towards Linux systems troubleshooting.
- Thorough understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking.
- Foundational understanding of switching, routing, VLAN, DHCP, LLDP, CDP, QoS, PPPOE.
- Experience with VoIP, VoIP end points, and SIP signaling.
- Familiarity with Asterisk.
- Comfortable with documentation tools such as Visio, PowerPoint and Word.
Nice to have Skills
- Experience working with Asterisk
- Experience with other PBX Environments and technologies
- Experience with Cisco IOS
- Experience with scripting languages such as BASH, PERL and Python
- Experience with network diagnostic tools such as TCP dump.
What Makes us Awesome
• Located in a scenic area ideal for nature walks during your break and catching a glimpse of wildlife.
• Attractive benefit plan.
• Three weeks of vacation to start.
• Paid day off for your birthday.
• Two paid days off a year to use for volunteering with a charitable organization.
• Dog friendly office.
• Flexible hours for most positions.
• Full kitchen with free coffee and tea.
• Fully-equipped on-site gym open to employees 24/7.
• Showers on-site.
• Lounge with foosball tables.
• Social Committee with regular company lunches & events.
• LAN Parties.
• Free parking.
Write to email@example.com to let us know how you can contribute, what makes you awesome and why you want to be in. We look forward to hearing from you!