We are one of Canada’s fastest growing telecommunications companies and one of Waterloo Region’s emerging start-up success stories! Our rapid success has been leveraged by a marriage of established legacy systems with emerging internet protocol based technologies. This success has translated into growth and many new career opportunities and therefore we are looking for talented people to join our team!
We offer a high energy, professional yet casual work environment with the opportunity to make a difference every day. It’s an environment where everyone’s contribution is valued and rewarded. We take pride in our ability to have fun and celebrate our successes together. In return, we are looking for people who are creative and passionate about their work. Successful employees have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for technology. If we are describing you, then consider becoming a part of the Fibernetics team!
At Fibernetics, our purpose is to deliver happiness and connections every day by being awesome. This is the company’s calling and if you believe this to be your calling too, we want to hear from you!
We are inviting an awesome Receptionist to join our HR & Culture team to contribute to delivering happiness and connections every day. The unique tasks that you will take pride in accomplishing are listed below.
ways you contribute
• You will answer incoming telephone calls and greet walk-in visitors.
• You will present a positive and professional image of Fibernetics when interacting with employees, customers, visitors, and other external stakeholders.
• You will coordinate contractors and order building supplies for Fibernetics.
• You will monitor inventories for office and kitchen supplies, and order more as needed.
• You will process all incoming and outgoing mail.
• You will ensure the common areas are kept tidy and stocked with the necessary supplies.
• You will manage the calendars for the meeting rooms.
• You will administer the security system and access.
• You will maintain the contact directory, sign-in sheet, and visitor badges.
• You will be responsible for general office maintenance including watering plants, dish cloth laundry, and the printers.
• You will work with the HR & Culture team on workspace planning including setting up spaces for new hires.
• You will provide administrative support for HR & Culture, Executive Assistants, Finance, and Operations as needed.
• You will send company-wide emails regarding communications for our building.
• You will order catering as needed.
• You will participate in committees (Wellness, Social, Health & Safety) and help with the planning and execution of events.
• You will perform seasonal duties as required.
• You will be an example of Fibernetics’ Core Values.
what makes you awesome
• You have 1-2 years of experience in an administrative role.
• You have strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• You have the ability to deal with people tactfully and professionally at all times.
• You have high attention to detail.
• You are comfortable working in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions.
• You can prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
• You can work well individually as well as part of a team.
• You have patience and a good sense of humour.
• You thrive in a workplace that values happiness and wellness.
• Post-secondary education in Administration or a related field considered an asset.
what makes us awesome
• Located in a scenic area ideal for nature walks during your break and catching a glimpse of wildlife.
• Attractive benefit plan.
• Three weeks of vacation to start.
• Paid day off for your birthday.
• Two paid days off a year to use for volunteering with a charitable organization.
• Dog friendly office.
• Flexible hours for most positions.
• Full kitchen with free coffee and tea.
• Fully-equipped on-site gym open to employees 24/7.
• Showers on-site.
• Lounge with foosball tables.
• Social Committee with regular company lunches & events.
• LAN Parties.
• Free parking.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you can contribute, what makes you awesome and why you want to be in. We look forward to hearing from you!