Systems Administrator Manager
Seeking a strong candidate to lead a creative, passionate, and technical team!
If you’re an expert in systems design, storage, system automation and virtualization we want hear from you!
Fibernetics is going through growth in many areas and we’re looking for leadership of our Linux/Unix Systems Administration team, and directly contributing to the company’s success.
The candidate must be analytical, have a strong system design background, have successfully led other systems administration teams, and be passionate about the products we have to offer while always striving to be better than the competitor.
ways you contribute
• You will lead a team that will research and develop solutions and products for a growing network and services provider company.
• You will oversee and lead major engineering projects from conception to delivery while maintaining quality and security standards.
• You will use configuration management tools (like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef) to facilitate deployment and task automation.
• You will provide feedback related to regular operations and system performance to team members and management.
• You will develop network storage solutions using software like Ceph, Gluster, and Virtuozzo.
• You will develop system virtualization solutions using software like VMWare and Xen.
• You will collaborate with development, networks administration, senior management, and be a contributing member to an overall systems architecture team.
• You will mentor and develop staff members within the team.
• You will provide direction, support, and training on new solutions.
• You will participate and lead in project planning efforts, including producing project plans and coordinating with internal or external customers on the deadlines for deliverable items.
• You will research and develop relationships with vendors in support of company projects.
• You will participate in on-call rotation.
• You will work with an established and growing company comprised of awesome people!
what makes you awesome
• You have 8+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator in a Linux Environment.
• You have 3+ years of experience leading development projects and proven familiarity with SDLC and PMP principles.
• Proven team management including leading system engineers during new platform creation and migration.
• You have experience with VMWare, Xen, Docker.
• You have experience with Ansible (preferred), Puppet, and/or Chef.
• Network storage of various approaches including background in:
o Hardware vendors like Dell.
o Software solutions like Ceph/Gluster.
• 100+TB storage systems with different levels of performance and cost.
• Transport like iSCSl, NFS including appropriate server and network hardware.
• Automated Deployments/Management Systems of various approaches:
o Virtualization of various types, Container and VM.
o Configuration management for large scale standard deployments.
o Self-created automation using shell scripts, Python, Perl, or other backend programming – in a formal environment using versioning control and deployment staging.
• System Design Background including:
o High Availability for a large number of virtual machines (100+ VMs or Containers)
o Automated performance leveling/multiple performance levels
• You have experience with core technologies, systems, and solutions:
o Radius, TACACS+, MySQL, DNS, Apache, iSCSl, NFS.
skills considered an asset
• You have 6+ years of experience in the environments/technologies listed above.
• You have 3+ years of Networking experience.
o CCNA/CCDP/CCNP a definite asset.
o An understanding of L2 Switching, L3 routing including an understanding of dynamic routing protocols.
• Creating well documented standards and working with operational teams to implement and maintain standards.
• You have experience designing services catered to commercial and enterprise customers.
• You have a strong understanding of file systems and storage approaches.
what makes us awesome
• Located in a scenic area ideal for nature walks during your break and catching a glimpse of wildlife.
• Attractive benefit plan.
• Three weeks of vacation to start.
• Paid day off for your birthday.
• Two paid days off a year to use for volunteering with a charitable organization.
• Dog friendly office.
• Flexible hours for most positions.
• Full kitchen with free coffee and tea.
• Fully-equipped on-site gym open to employees 24/7.
• Showers on-site.
• Lounge with foosball tables.
• Social Committee with regular company lunches & events.
• LAN Parties.
• Free parking.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you can contribute, what makes you awesome and why you want to be in. We look forward to hearing from you!