Technical Solutions Specialist - NEWT Business Services
We are one of Canada’s fastest growing telecommunications companies and one of Waterloo Region’s emerging start-up success stories! Our rapid success has been leveraged by a marriage of established legacy systems with emerging internet protocol based technologies. This success has translated into growth and many new career opportunities and therefore we are looking for talented people to join our team!
We offer a high energy, professional yet casual work environment with the opportunity to make a difference every day. It’s an environment where everyone’s contribution is valued and rewarded. We take pride in our ability to have fun and celebrate our successes together. In return, we are looking for people who are creative and passionate about their work. Successful employees have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for technology. If we are describing you, then consider becoming a part of the Fibernetics team!
At Fibernetics, our purpose is to deliver happiness and connections every day by being awesome. This is the company’s calling and if you believe this to be your calling too, we want to hear from you!
We are inviting an awesome Technical Solutions Specialist to join our NEWT Business Services team to contribute to delivering happiness and connections every day. The unique tasks that you will take pride in accomplishing are listed below.
ways you contribute
• Actively work with the sales teams and partners to provide technical and sales support (Sales Engineer role).
• SME (Subject Matter Expert) on NEWT voice and data solutions/technologies/products.
• Participate in presentations to customers, internal staff, and partners.
• Use a consultative approach to identify issues, challenges, and opportunities; and resolve with solutions using NEWT technologies.
• Participate in the NSR (Non Standard Request) process as a technical advisor.
• Contribute to product documentation (user manuals, technical guides, and white papers)
• Assist with QA product testing with creation of test plans.
• Aid in the design, integration, configuration, testing, and deployment of NEWT non-standard solutions.
• Create network and solutions diagrams.
• Act as an escalation resource for Level 1 & Level 2 Support teams regarding product/feature knowledge.
• Participate in voice & data product and portfolio roadmap discussions.
• Conduct research into technology and products including competitive market analysis as required.
• Work with the product development team as required, providing technical and solution recommendations to meet customer needs and market circumstances.
essential knowledge and skills
• 3 years of experience in the Voice and Data communication industry ideally with a Service Provider (ILEC, CLEC, Cableco, ITSP).
• 3 years of experience with LAN/WAN networking technologies.
• Experience with IP telephony (VoIP), system design, and implementation.
• Strong understanding of Internet Access technologies (DSL, T1, Ethernet).
• Experience with deploying and designing business phone solutions.
• Familiar with Quality of Service (QOS) models and best practices.
• Working knowledge of networking protocols, and software and operating systems including: TCP/IP, SIP, IPSec, Unified Communications, CDP, LLDP, PPPoE, DHCP, DNS, NAT, Asterisk, Linux.
• Experienced and comfortable in customer presentation situations.
• Strong organizational, verbal, written, and documentation skills.
• High self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
• Extreme attention to detail.
• Able to work independently and as a team player.
• Able to identify and complete work on time with limited supervision.
skills considered to be an asset
• Sales experience.
• 3+ years of Sales Engineering experience.
• Broad market intelligence in the VoIP and PBX space.
• Training experience.
what makes us awesome
• Located in a scenic area ideal for nature walks during your break and catching a glimpse of wildlife.
• Attractive benefit plan.
• Three weeks of vacation to start.
• Paid day off for your birthday.
• Two paid days off a year to use for volunteering with a charitable organization.
• Dog friendly office.
• Flexible hours for most positions.
• Full kitchen with free coffee and tea.
• Fully-equipped on-site gym open to employees 24/7.
• Showers on-site.
• Lounge with foosball tables.
• Social Committee with regular company lunches & events.
• LAN Parties.
• Free parking.
Write to email@example.com to let us know how you can contribute, what makes you awesome and why you want to be in. We look forward to hearing from you!