Technical Support Specialist - NEWT Technology
At Fibernetics, our purpose is to deliver happiness and connections every day by being awesome. This is the company’s calling and if you believe this to be your calling too, we want to hear from you!
We are inviting an awesome Technical Support Specialist to join our NEWT Technology team to contribute to delivering happiness and connections every day. The unique tasks that you will take pride in accomplishing are listed below.
ways you contribute
• You will answer technical support calls related to high speed internet and PBX products.
• You will track all issues and escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support.
• You will follow-up with customers and partners to ensure resolution satisfaction.
• You will work in a team environment to resolve customer and partner issues.
• You will work flexible shifts which include “On Call” duties.
• You will perform other duties based on the needs of the business as they arise.
what makes you awesome
• You have exceptional Customer Service skills.
• You have outstanding comprehension and communication skills (Written and Oral).
• You have detailed and meticulous troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
• You have the ability to learn and comprehend technology changes at a rapid pace.
• You have knowledge and understanding of:
- DSL, Ethernet, TCP/IP, PPPoE, DCHP
- LAN/WAN and Wireless networking technologies
- Working knowledge of Linux [Basic Linux CLI (less, head, tail, grep, etc.)]
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
• You have knowledge of Cisco IOS.
• You have knowledge of REGEX, SIP, IPSec, GRE, IP SLA, IP PBX Unified Communications, CDP, LLDP, Asterisk.
• You have knowledge of T1 and DOCSIS technologies.
• 3+ years of experience in a technical support customer service role.
• Bilingualism (French Preferred)
• College or University education, in computer science or engineering
what makes us awesome
• Located in a scenic area ideal for nature walks during your break and catching a glimpse of wildlife.
• Attractive benefit plan.
• Three weeks of vacation to start.
• Paid day off for your birthday.
• Two paid days off a year to use for volunteering with a charitable organization.
• Dog friendly office.
• Flexible hours for most positions.
• Full kitchen with free coffee and tea.
• Fully-equipped on-site gym open to employees 24/7.
• Showers on-site.
• Lounge with foosball tables.
• Social Committee with regular company lunches & events.
• LAN Parties.
• Free parking.
Write to email@example.com to let us know how you can contribute, what makes you awesome and why you want to be in. We look forward to hearing from you!