Technical Support Specialist
Fibernetics prides itself on being a disruptive force in the Telecommunications industry and it is this drive that fuels our innovation to deliver high-tech and cost-effective products and solution to both residential and business customers.
We believe in investing in our employees and are looking for individuals that can thrive in our environment and individuals that can turn technology challenges into opportunities to grow. Your primary focus will be to provide exceptional day 2 support (beyond implementation cut-over day) to customers by working tickets that are created and triaged by our CSR team.
Our NEWT platform delivers state of the art voice and data services to thousands of business customers. As a member of the Technical Support team, you are expected to comfortably work in a fast-paced environment where you can utilize your expert skill set around data networking, voice networking, and Linux service knowledge.
ways you contribute
- You will work with our NEWT Business customers and partners to gather technical support symptoms.
- You will record all symptoms and feedback accurately.
- You will work with the customer to:
- Diagnose Linux based NEWT PBXs and Telco equipment.
- Diagnose internet circuits of all types.
- Diagnose customer network issues.
- Assist with User Experience issues such as adjusting Call Flows and other related phone features.
- You will work with team members to escalate cases and discover resolutions.
- You will implement suggested resolutions for customers and partners.
- You will follow-up with customers and partners to ensure resolution satisfaction.
- You will work flexible day shifts and be available for On Call duty rotation.
- You will contribute to the continued success of NEWT Business Services – Managed PBX Phone Systems & Internet!
what makes you awesome
- You have exceptional customer service skills and are a good communicator.
- You have a strong work ethic and can make decisions in a high stress situation such as a customer outage.
- You have demonstrated abilities to work in a team environment.
- You have the ability to collaborate effectively with others in a technical and non-technical context.
- You have a proven track record of hands-on experience with, or exposure to:
- CISCO Routers and Switches.
- CISCO iOS CLI.
- Various Linux distributions, Linux Server, and Linux CLI tool.
- Troubleshooting data and voice related network issues such as higher than expected latency on specific types of packets: access, routing, firewall, VPN problems.
- LAN, WAN, and wireless networking technologies.
- Managing and troubleshooting business grade telecommunications CPE devices such as physical phones, pagers, and soft phones.
- PBX environments and technologies such as Asterisk and FreeSwitch
- VoIP and SIP signaling.
what makes us awesome
• Located in a scenic area ideal for nature walks during your break and catching a glimpse of wildlife.
• Attractive benefit plan.
• Three weeks of vacation to start.
• Paid day off for your birthday.
• Two paid days off a year to use for volunteering with a charitable organization.
• Dog friendly office.
• Flexible hours for most positions.
• Full kitchen with free coffee and tea.
• Fully-equipped on-site gym open to employees 24/7.
• Showers on-site.
• Lounge with foosball tables.
• Social Committee with regular company lunches & events.
• LAN Parties.
• Free parking.
Write to email@example.com to let us know how you can contribute, what makes you awesome and why you want to be in. We look forward to hearing from you!