Technical Support Specialist - Calgary
This position is at Nucleus Information Service Inc, a subsidiary of Fibernetics and is located in Calgary, Alberta. This is a part-time position (20-35 hours a week) and will come with group benefits after 3 months. You must be available to work evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays.
We are one of Canada’s fastest growing telecommunications companies and one of Waterloo Region’s emerging start-up success stories! Our rapid success has been leveraged by a marriage of established legacy systems with emerging internet protocol based technologies. This success has translated into growth and many new career opportunities and therefore we are looking for talented people to join our team!
We offer a high energy, professional yet casual work environment with the opportunity to make a difference every day. It’s an environment where everyone’s contribution is valued and rewarded. We take pride in our ability to have fun and celebrate our successes together. In return, we are looking for people who are creative and passionate about their work. Successful employees have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for technology. If we are describing you, then consider becoming a part of the Fibernetics team!
At Fibernetics, our purpose is to deliver happiness and connections every day by being awesome. This is the company’s calling and if you believe this to be your calling too, we want to hear from you!
We are inviting an awesome Technical Support Specialist to join our Operations to contribute to delivering happiness and connections every day. The unique tasks that you will take pride in accomplishing are listed below.
ways you contribute
• You will answer technical support calls, tickets & follow-up, and voice mail.
• You will help with support e-mail, KB and live help.
• You will help manage the Tier 1 Knowledge Base as it is continually updated to ensure it stays current.
• You will test and clean modems, RMA’s as required.
• You will follow-up with LYNX tickets and updates, as per DSL coordinator.
• You will consult on in-house PC’s as required, onsite visits when requested or required.
• You will help manage the Postmaster mail box.
• You will manage the Copyright infringement mail box.
• You will be cross-trained for sales in the evenings.
what makes you awesome
• You have excellent customer service skills (Customer Happiness is Number One!).
• You have 2+ years of experience in Voice and Data communication.
• You have an understanding of DSL, Cable internet, Ethernet, and wireless technologies.
• You have working knowledge of network protocols.
• You are highly self-motivated with high attention to detail.
• You have a good sense of humour, patience, understanding, and are eager to learn.
• You are capable of managing multiple priorities and appropriately prioritizing issues.
• You are a self-start with the ability to identify and complete work on time with little supervision.
• You are available to work available evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you can contribute, what makes you awesome and why you want to be in. We look forward to hearing from you!